GM Tech2 GM Diagnostic Tool Scan Tool
Update via 32MB Software Card
How to do self testing on GM Tech2
Note: If you need to do GM Models after 2011, we recommend you GM MDI with powerful functions support online programming.
GM Tech2 GM Diagnostic Tool Tech 2 Scanner works for on-board diagnostics on all GM models 1992-2010. Including the TIS2000 cd, gm tech 2 can do GM car programming till 2007.
The tech 2 gm diagnostic tool is the best choice for GM Technicians to diagnose GM, OPEL, SAAB, ISUZU, Holden, SUZUKI.
1) Authentic GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
9) Vetronix Tech 2 Specifications
10) Dimensions: 12
11) Microprocessor: 32 bit, 16 MHz
12) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion
13) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
14) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface; you will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module.
The module connects between the Tech 2 Flash diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter. Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications, even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
2. The following GM vehicles utilize the CAN interface:
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
Software list: this package includes one 32mb card loaded with one model software
GM-English 33.004 1991-2013
GM-Germany 32.006 1991-2013
Opel-English 165 1997-2014
OPEL-Italian 133.001 1997-2012
OPEL-Germany 85.001 1997-2008
OPEL-Spanish 91.001 1997-2009
ISUZU-English 107.021 2006-2010
Holden-English 149 1999-2013
1. Tech-2 Flash Tester
2. 32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Application
3. CAN diagnostic interface module (CANDI) and instruction sheet download (199.2 kb)
4. RS232 cable and user`s manual
5. RS232-DB9 adapter
6. DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
7. 12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
8. SAE 16/19 Adapter
9. NAO 12/19 Adapter
10. Battery Power Cable
11. Storage Case
12. TIS 2000 CD+USB KEY
|Item Name||GM MDI with Wifi SP163||GM Tech2 SP23, SP23-B, SP23-B3, SP23-C|
English, French, German, Japanese, Italian and so on.
Total 30 languages to choose.
GM-English,Germany,Spanish , Japanese,French,Thai,Portuguese,Korean
|Update||can not update||via 32MB Software Card|
|Active or No||After install the software, it will generate the PDF file.Then send the PDF file to us, we will activate it for you.||no need active|
|Advantage||support original software||cannot plug original software card, but can support original program|
|OS||Win XP||no need connect to the PC|
|Internet connection||Do not connect to the internet before install the software. Or it will link to the update website and make your device corrupt.||no need connect to the PC|
|Support Car Model||support all GM Opel Chevrolet Saab cars 1990-2012||
support cars only
support all GM systems 1992-.
which cover GM/ SAAB/ OPEL/ SUZUKI/ ISUZU/HOLDEN
|Support Programing||support offline program,such as chevrolet, opel, but not for all cars||support reprogramming with TIS2000 software, this is incluede in the package|
1. With opel Global tis global diagnostic system
2. Support offline lease function
3. Support Opel offline programming function
4. With GDS2 diagnostic system
5. Tech2win diagnostic software support adding latest software
6. support programming online
7. support cable communication
8. support wireless communication
9. support original factory latest software
10. With European Chevetl Global tis, Supports European Chevetl offline programming
11. All Chip are new and original
General Motors Global Electrical Architecture (Global A) and Global Diagnostic Hardware &Software
Global Diagnostic System DGS& Multiple diagnostic Interface MDI
1.GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2.Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
3.Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
4.RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
5.Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
6.Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
7.Provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
|Note||is used to test ISUZU vehicles or Engine with 24V battery and can diagnose all Isuzu car models like UC, N, TF, F, C series.|
Top 11 Reasons to Choose CarTool.co.uk
1. Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Tools Supplier
2. Market Oriented in UK and European Customers
3. 6-Years Online Store
4. Trustworthy Seller
5. Technical Support Team
6. Best Quality
7. Competitive Price
8. Fast Delivery (DHL,EMS,FedEx,TNT,UPS,AMX,YWEN)
9. Oversea Safety Exporting Certificated
10. 1-Year Guarantee and After-Sale Service for Lifetime
11. Simple & Comfortable Return & Refund Policy
Our Aim at Offering You A Personal, Easy and Convenient Shopping Experience. Welcome to Purchase!
What is the meaning of the QC Mark?
Note: Each device from our company has a unique QC Mark formed by digital numbers.
1. The QC mark means the product has been passed our Quality Department Test.
2. The QC mark shows that the product is supplied from our company
3. The product with the QC mark will be our guarantee.
Fast Free Shipping and Cost-Effective
Lonsdor K518 K518ISE Key Programmer
Whatsapp: +86-136-2864-7582 (Joanna)
http://www.carTool.co.uk & http://m.carTool.co.uk
Scan the QRcode, feel free to contact us on your smartphone.
Comparison List of GM Scanners on Carsets.co.uk:
|Product||VXDIAG GM||GM MDI||GM TECH2|
|Item number||SP241/SP241-W||SP163||SP23 series|
|vehicles||old-2013||good at 2009-2013||good at vehicles before 2009|
|software installation||yes||yes||no, handheld scanner|
|offline programming||no||yes, for part opel and Chevrolet||part vehicles before 2007, need buy tis2000 usb version|
|operation system requirement||
GDS2 (Win7/Win8 64bit)
tech2win (WinXP 32bit /Win7/Win8 64bit)
|WinXP 32bit||WinXP 32bit|
|update||update by CD when new software release, firmware is updated online when new software release||update by CD when new software release||update by card|
|Tips: For online programming, you need to have online account for original factory. When factory develop new software, then we will put the new software on our website. You can contact us for update.|
About GM tech2 Functions
Q: Does GM tech2 support coding?
A: Yes, it does, but you need to buy an additional TIS2000, TIS2000 support cars programming until 2007 year.
Q: Can TECH2 support key coding and electronic control unit programming for all OPEL and Isuzu?
A: GM tech2 can't support key programming; as for electronic control unit programming, you need to additionally buy a GM TECH2 and a TIS2000, but TIS2000 only support GM and Opel, not support Isuzu.
Q: GM TECH2 support airbag reset? If not, please recommend me another one tool, my car is Chevrolet Tahoe 2007 year.
A: Yes, GM TECH2 support airbag reset for Chevrolet Tahoe 2007 year.
Q: Does GM TECH2 support reading Car VIN number? How to read?
A: Yes, it does. After selecting the car model, enter function menu, and you will find the VIN number reading option.
Q: I`m interested in the GM Tech2 Diagnostic Tool and I would like to know which diagnostic functions that tool has for a Hummer H3. I have problems with the windshield wipers, the tire pressure control system and the cruise control. Is that tool able to read the trouble codes and to read some parameters regarding those controllers?
A: GM TECH2 contains Hummer H2 H3 software (from 2007 to 2010 year), so Tech2 is able to diagnose Hummer H3 2007-2010 year. As for reading parameters regarding those controllers, it is theoretically compatible, advice you have a try.
Q: Can GM Tech2 send commands to the various modules and is it able to do diagnostics on a climate control programmer? To what year is the scanner effective? I own a 1997 Cadillac DeVille and a 2001 Chevrolet Venture.
A: Yes, you can use GM TECH2 to diagnose climate control programmer, when it has communication GM Tech2 can send commands to the modules.
About GM tech2 Compatible Vehicle Models and Years
Q: GM TECH2 contains Saturn software?
A: yes, Saturn software is included in the GM software English and support from 1991 to 2010 year.
Q: Is GM TECH2 available on my Cadillac year 1996?
A: Yes, GM TECH2 works with Cadillac.
Q: Does GM Tech 2 work with Australian Holden 1998?
A: GM tech2 is only compatible with North American Holden, and our software for Holden only work with Holden from 1999-2012.
Q: Can GM Tech2 work diagnose 2005 GMC - Sierra 1500 truck?
A: Want to use our GM tech2 to diagnose truck, you need to buy an additional truck adapter, because our GM tech is compatible with truck, but only packed with the car adapter.
About GM tech2 After-sales Questions and Answers
Q: I bought one GM TECH2 and the TIS2000 software can’t be installed and no identification, what’s the problem?
A: If the TIS2000 you are trying to install is contained in the GM TECH2 software, then it is useless to install TIS2000 software. To program electronic control unit, I advice you buy an extra TIS2000 to work with GM tech2.
Q: After receiving GM TECH2, I got some errors.
A: If it is Blue screen, just replace the Blue Screen Chip. If it is not the problem of Blue screen, please send us the self-test report to check where the problem is;
have no idea on how to operate self test? Refer the self-test manual at GM TECH2 “technical support / service”.
Q: GM TECH2 one button doesn’t work how to fix?
A: If you have new version GM tech2, there are two ways to solve:
1) we send you a new button to replace;
2) please send back to repair.
If you have old version GM tech2 installed with the newest software, the button maybe won’t work.
Q: When I use GM TECH2 for the second times, the tool starts to smoke, and my car voltage become 14V from 12V, what’s the matter?
A: Please follow the correct operation steps: before diagnosing, turn on the ignition and then connect the GM TECH2 with the car, when the car starts you’d better test the voltage, because during this process a part of cars’ voltage will reach up to 24V or more, especially the car which has a poor contact of electrical ground.